[rollei_list] Re: Shanghai GP3

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 21:37:22 -0400

Never heard of GP3 - how cheap is it?

Foma 100 in D76 is very good. Even better is Foma 200 which I shoot at 200, a lot of people seem to think it's the best Foma film, and pretty much the same price as the 100. If you're in the U.S. order Freestyle's Artista.Edu Ultra; it is rebranded Foma, and is very easy on the wallet. I don't think I've ever run it in Rodinal. Rollei Retro 100 in Rodinal is great. Both Foma and Retro a curly films.

E.

On May 8, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Neil Purling wrote:

I started with this film as cheap food for a Holga, developed in R09 diluted 1:50 for 15min at 20C. I never got around to a direct comparison with FP4, Plus X or Foma 100. The only means I have of doing so is not with a Rollei, but two Super-Rollex magazines on a Graflex. The defeciencies I have observed so far are that the numbers on the backing paper are not very clearly printed, not an issue after one has found exp 1 with a Rollei. The other is a tendency to curliness. Perhaps I should hang it with a heavier weight on the bottom?

I tried Foma 100 before this film. Maybe it just doesn't like R09 (Rodinal) and it's effective speed drops to 50 ASA. When I tried the Shanghai I had a good set of negatives with the FP4 timing in Rodinal.

Well' im going to Scotland in June. Should I persevere with Foma or take some Shanghai?