[rollei_list] Re: Serial No.s for Marc

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 14:51:25 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Decher" <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:14 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Serial No.s for Marc

Marc,

Here are some more Rolleiflex serial numbers for you

Rolleiflex 2.8E  No. 1645314
Xenotar 2.8/80 No. 5131706
Heidosmat 2.8/80  No. 777154

Still debating whether to keep this camera. It's in nice shape exteriorly but the shutter got stuck open when I tested the 1 sec. speed. So it probably needs the full H. Fleenor treatment.
Jan

I have a 2.8E, if your camera is in overall good condition and the lenses are OK its certainly worth getting it serviced. Once serviced it won't need attention again for many years. The Xenotar in mine is extremely sharp, probably the sharpest lens I have and I have some other good ones.
A replacement Rollei will cost more than service and is likely to need servicing itself.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx