[rollei_list] Re: Sears Seroco 4" by 5" folding plate camera kit

  • From: "Roger Wiser" <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:10:48 -0500

Richard your comments on Sears triggers memories when I lived in Glen Ellyn and worked in River Forest in the early 60's. Sears reigned supreme then. I recalled going to the big Sears warehouse at about 20W / Holman St , near Congress / Eisen. Exprs. Sears had a wide variety of products then. Montgomery Ward of Chicago was a factor in retailing too but they were starting to decline. Wards sold an array of fine cameras, including Rolleis, and Swiss watches, among their general merchandise.

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>