[rollei_list] Re: Schott-Ceran

  • From: John Jensen <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 21:37:56 -0700 (PDT)

My Thermador hybrid induction/radiant cooktop is made in Spain by BSH (Bosch
und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH} and, yes, it has a Schott top surface.

John

From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Schott-Ceran
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, August 9, 2010, 3:05 PM

At 04:11 PM 8/9/2010, Don Williams wrote:

> Now I notice that the glass top of the stove that came with this house says
> "Schott- Ceran".
>
> Same company?

Ceran is the Schott brand for a non-thermoreactive glass somewhat similar to
Pyrax or Cer-Vit or Zerodur.  It is commonly used in European stoves and in
high-end US stoves.

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the
subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org