[rollei_list] Schneider Rollei SLR lenses

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:42:40 +0100

There are three lenses for the System 600 that I'm curious about: the
Curtagon 60/3.5, Xenotar 80/2.8 and Apo-symmar 90/4.  The latter is
still available and there are several reviews and opinions on the
web. However the first two don't seem to be mentioned much, perhaps
they were discontinued before web based reviews and info were
commonplace.

I'm considering adding to my SLR setup, and am trying out various
scenarios, either replacing or augmenting the 80/2 with one (or two)
of the above. I can't recall ever seeing the Xenotar 80/2.8 or
Curtagon 60/3.5 for sale anywhere, and have no idea how many are out
there or what their owners are doing (probably just shooting film and
enjoying themselves, I would guess). The 90/4 does show up now and
again.

Any idea as to where I can both learn more about these lenses as well
as perhaps find one or more for sale? Any suggestions as to replacing
the 80/2 with one or two of these other lenses (losing a bit of speed
but at the same time either gaining macro capabilities or perhaps
cutting down substantially on weight)?

Cheers,
Thor