[rollei_list] Re: Scanning hassle

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:04:12 +0100

One detail,

maybe I misunderstood you.

You wrote:

On 19. feb.. 2009, at 18.33, gram rupert wrote:

OK. folks,
I have read and tried most people suggestions.

Here are some of my conclusions.
Aaron asked if I had selected Transparency as the original type

ok

in the scanning software, and whether the backlight was turning
on. The answer to these questions is Yes.

ok

I can also confirm that the transparency backlight is plugged into the lower part of the
scanner, and the light source in the bottom unit turns on when you
scan?

no. The backlight *in the bottom of the unit* should be off when you scan. The additional backlight *in the lid of the scanner* should turn on when you scan.

It might be that this is what you meant to say. If so, look to Austin's suggestion.

If not, that might be your problem. The light should shine from the scanner cover through the slides and be scanned by the sensors underneath the glass.

Rob asked whether I had removed reflective white surface for film scanning. The answer is Yes.

good.

Håkon asked I had turned the holder the wrong way around. I have tried it both ways.

You should get an image regardless, just not as good the one way.

Same here.

Bob asked if it scans a paper document. Yes, it does, and well.

Then the reflective function is working. Again, is the light in the lid on when you scan?

Daw asked about the transparency illumination system, a question to which I have already answered.

That's what I'm unsure about, as you said it lights up in the bottom unit. It should light up in the lid, not in the bottom.

Having said that, it does not scan fil. I show below the setting in Epson scan (Vuescan is not better) and the results shown after the scan.

Wierd! But frustrating, especially as I have a ton of stuff to scan. Several years, in fact.

If anyone has any bright (no pun intended) ideas, I'd be grateful.

Like I said, maybe it was just a typo. But just in case....

Thanks for your attention,
gram

<pastedGraphic.tiff>

Cheers,