[rollei_list] Re: Scanning 120 film

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:58:15 -0800

Well, at that price you are best to get a dedicated film scanner. If it is
only Slides and Film and NOT prints you should consider the Nikon CoolScan
8000ED. There may also be some used Kodak 3570 models but they are getting
old. If you also need to scan prints then consider the Epson V700.

I would avoid older model with SCSI cards as that technology is ancient and
a pain to implement most of the time. A few years ago when I was testing
scanners for an article I tried the Minolta that has a SCSI. It was sooooo
painful to implement I refused to test it and include it in the article.

On Dec 24, 2007 6:00 AM, Frederic Vanwalleghem <info@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I am looking for information on scanning 120 negative film, colour and
> black/white.
>
> Plan is to shoot portraits with the rolleiflex sl66E and next to
> developing
> in the dark room, also do some scanning on a good scanner. Would Epson be
> good?
>
> I really need good professional qualitu, but the price cannot be more than
> 1500 dollars.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Frederic Vanwalleghem