[rollei_list] Re: Sammy Davis, Jr. and his Rollei

  • From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:56:50 -0600

I need a bigger screen! :-)

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carlos Manuel Freaza
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 3:52 PM
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Sammy Davis, Jr. and his Rollei

If we are talking about the same Sammy Davis Jr
photograph, he is holding a Rolleiflex 2.8C as you can
see clearly after to enlarge the image several times.
The photograph is shown left-right side inverted and
Sammy is holding the camera according the manual
teaches, with the index finger on the shutter release
button. The camera has the flash cord socket lock made
from plastic  and it could be a C only if you add the
taking lens diameter in comparison with the viewing
lens, the M-X lever and the selftimer lever and other
features like the nameplate "Rolleiflex" and the
viewfinder hood. The 4x4 looks more like a "T" with
the lateral shutter release button.-
You can see the photograph in this article:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07049/762487-148.stm

All the best
Carlos

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.