[rollei_list] Re: SL66: which flash

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:51:48 -0800

Unless your SL66 is an X, E, or SE, you have no choice other than a simple flash or auto flash. Otherwise, you can use the Rollei SCA 356 and appropriate flash unit for TTL flash.

Jim

At 09:31 PM 3/21/2006 +0100, Stefan Kell wrote:
Hello,

recently I had the opportunity to buy a SL66 with a Planar 2,8/80mm. It
is in good condition and I am very satisfied using it. On other occasions
I use a new digital Nikon D70. Since the builtin flash is rather weak I
will buy an external flash suitable for the Nikon. Now I wonder if there
is a modern flash which I can use on the SL66 too.

I investigated a Metz mecablitz 54 MZ-4. Obviously I would need a special
SCA-Adapter to use the flash on an analog camera but I don't know if there
is a cable with the right contact for the SL66.

Or is it better to get an old flash only for the SL66?

Any opinions?

Thanks

Stefan Kell

--- Rollei List