[rollei_list] Re: SL66 short-tele suggestions....

  • From: LJSegil@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:21:39 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/2006 8:28:05 PM Central Standard Time,  jim@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

have a  40 FLE HFT, 50 HFT, 80 HFT, 150 HFT, and 250 HFT. I wish
they had added  the Zeiss' 180 in their line-up, but they didn't. I
would have liked 80,  120, 180, 250 rather than 80 150, 250. But I
have to admit that three  lenses is less weight to carry than four lenses.

I really like the  images that I get with my 150mm lens. And being
f/4, the ground glass  image is quite bright. If I were to buy a 120,
it would have to be the f/4  for screen brightness reasons.

The leaf shutter was added for high  speed sync purposes. If you are
not going to do a lot of flash, don't get  the leaf shutter version.
It has no slow speeds. I think the slowest speed  is 1/30th. For all
practical purposes, the shutter just adds weight and  extra stuff to go wrong.

Jim
Sunnyvale

Hello Jim,
Might you have any interest in selling the 40mm lens?
Thanks,
Larry Segil