[rollei_list] Re: SL66 short-tele suggestions....

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:24:36 -0700

I have a 40 FLE HFT, 50 HFT, 80 HFT, 150 HFT, and 250 HFT. I wish they had added the Zeiss' 180 in their line-up, but they didn't. I would have liked 80, 120, 180, 250 rather than 80 150, 250. But I have to admit that three lenses is less weight to carry than four lenses.

I really like the images that I get with my 150mm lens. And being f/4, the ground glass image is quite bright. If I were to buy a 120, it would have to be the f/4 for screen brightness reasons.

The leaf shutter was added for high speed sync purposes. If you are not going to do a lot of flash, don't get the leaf shutter version. It has no slow speeds. I think the slowest speed is 1/30th. For all practical purposes, the shutter just adds weight and extra stuff to go wrong.

Jim
Sunnyvale

At 11:09 AM 9/22/2006 -0700, Richard Sintchak wrote:
I have the 50 Distagon, 80 Planar and 250 Sonnar for my SL66. Looking to add a short-tele for portrait work. The typical and common one seems to be the 150 Sonnar. I also see the 120 S-Planar out there (not the macro one). Anyone have suggestions or comments about either? I also see there's a 150 with leaf shutter. Other than the leaf shutter anyone know if the glass performance is better or worse than the non-leaf shutter 150?

Lastly, anyone have any of those they want to sell?

Thanks,

Richard S.
San Francisco

--- Rollei List