[rollei_list] SL66: Light leak

  • From: "Petr Dvorak" <pdvorak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:35:59 -0400

Hello,

My name is Petr and I am new to the Rollei world and to this list. I've been
shooting with Exaktas, P-6 and Russian MF folders for a while; and recently
I've succumbed to the magic of SL66.

I purchased a used SL-66 that shows a light leak in the first film I ran
thru the camera. That's not a good sign but before I take any actions; I'd
like to know your opinion where it may come from. A friend of mine on manual
focus forum suggests that the leak may be caused by bad tightness of
curtains when winding the shutter. Has anyone experienced such problem with
SL66? A link to picture with leak is below. This leak appeared only once and
in the middle of the film, the remaining eleven frames are good.

http://static.flickr.com/100/260321474_0f0e4a9c30.jpg

Thank you for you suggestions,
Petr