[rollei_list] Re: SL35M & ME felt details

  • From: Robert Chiasson <ba799@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:23:18 -0400 (AST)

Thanks, Carlos

I was worried about the lack of anything to seal the back - the SL35 (the real one) has a yarn thread in there - all the Japanese cameras I have use a rubber seal, the only camera I have that doesn't seal the back is my Retina Reflex. So I guess I'll have to try a film when spring arrives in The Great White North. If I'm feeling paranoid I can shoot half the roll and then seal the back with hockey tape for the rest of the roll.

------
Robert

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

I was reading your message again and to be more
precise, the only felt strip in my camera runs in the
door from the upper to the lower hinge vertically,
it's a continuous vertical felt strip along the door
end about 5 cm long or about 2" (inches) long;  this
felt has two strips in your camera about 1/2" long
each one according your description, I guess there is
no felt between these two parts and then, if this is
the case, it wouldn't be normal because the felt strip
is continuous to seal the door from the upper hinge to
the lower hinge.