[rollei_list] Re: S-Apogon 2.8/80 lens for the FX

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:36:38 -0500

If I shelled out that much $$ for an FX I would want the Zeiss Planar on it.
Time to look for a used late GX (with the classic strap connector).
 I also think F&H / DHW had it right with the name plate on the GX.  Why the
retro script on the current FX??

There is so much DHW could do with the TLR and the Rollei 35 concepts,
including digital backs.  Digital back for the TLR may be harder, but imagine a
Rollei 35S / 35 Classic with digital sensor and LCD screen on back, but
otherwise all the same camera (dials, collapsible lens, viewfinder and all). If
DHW in order to keep the size has to go down to an APS-C size sensor they could
order a 23mm Sonnar from CZ.   It could blow the current Fujifilm 100x (M3
look-alike) away.
Jan