[rollei_list] Re: S2 format

  • From: "Gene Johnson" <genej2ster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:32:20 -0700

I try to take each picture one at a time.  I had a bunch of stuff on a wall
recently, and I was pleased with myself for having matching frames and
matting. But they were all basically 16x20 cut to either 4:5 or 2:3, and
frankly, it was a little boring. I want to do 20X24 based prints, but I
think I should probably start making 11x14's again too.  I will continue to
try to make each picture look as good as I can, regardless of which camera
I'm using, and let the catalog take care of itself

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Marvin Wallace <Marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Marvin Wallace
> One of the motivations for getting the "correct" ratio, is that if you
> continually change cameras (like me), you end up with a catalogue of work
> that doesn't fit together very well. You perhaps will have beautiful 6 X 6
> portraits and then 2.4 x 3.6 portraits done with a nice lens such as a
> summicron 90.
> Though I have been unable to live up to my own ideal, it is good to use as
> few cameras as possible, so I would argue against the many ratio's are good
> hypothesis.

Be Just and Fear Not