[rollei_list] Re: Rotting Rollei Case Stitching

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 20:05:23 -0400

At 07:53 PM 5/4/2009, jon.stanton@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Has anyone considered or tried (half serious here) WD 40? According to their website it can be used for anything from restoring leather to infertility in farm animals.

None of you guys fish or hunt, do you? For REALLY back-country work, you buy a solid pair of boots, and then work them with Neatsfood Oil for a period. The leather ends up really soft and it is absolutely waterproof. In my youth, decades back, I did a bunch of hard-country trekking. I'm now 59 but, by this point, I can find no one else to accompany me as I tend to piss folks off quite readily. So be it.

And in these Richmond, Virginia, flatlands, fly-fishing is for bluegills or carp. Argh!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!