[rollei_list] Re: Rolllei List

  • From: Grégoire Jacques Vandenschrick <fa420324@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:31:21 +0200

Hi,

Just a simple question, why do I receive everythig twice? First I was afraid not to receive anything, but now this is too good :-)

Greg

Le 15-sept.-08 à 21:16, Grégoire Jacques Vandenschrick a écrit :

Damn God Thank you so much Thor,

This is a really great news, I'll contact the man as soon as my Nikon D300 and its 17-55 2.8G are on eBay (I want a very high rated Rolleiflex TLR, and need to raise funds for it). I was a little bit scared by the costs of shipping from Belgium to Mr Fleenor. I'll go and see that website. Does he gives an idea of the costs for a complete overhaul?

My first rollei (an automat MX-V or something like that) went to Paepke, for a CLA, and matte screen replacement. The result was so awful, so badly done, that I sold the camera of disgust. There was fingerprint it that superb Zeiss Opton Tessar I loved so much, things were spoiled, I could have cried at the time. And then I bought a 3.5F, and that was like a reborn experience. And after that, time passed, there was that Leica M6 I need to buy lenses for, and gone was my beloved 3.5F. Man that was a stupid error. Even if Leica M lenses are prime ones, I found the rollei more productive when it came to make beautiful images, portraits, architecture. Maybe it is just me on that point, but the Rollei is the camera I prefer, and that's all.

and so, now I come back to it, found a very nice 3.5F, and shortly after a nice 2.8F, both CZ Planar. But the 2.8F needs a good overhaul, and some tiny corrections around the speed settings, for it seems the front had a very small nick, but enough to put too much friction on the speed setting. crank side needs lubrication, and ISO settings is very hard to turn for filter adjustments.

That's so much fun to have these cameras again, already some rollfilms done, and these superb large nice negs really pop at the eye.

By the way, did someone already bought something from www.collectcamera.com (Theo J. deWit)?

All the best to you all, and thanks again Thor!

Greg

Le 15-sept.-08 à 20:47, Thor Legvold a écrit :

Gregoire,

I wouldn't bother sending it all the way to the US to Fleenor when we have one of the top Rollei techs here in Europe (in fact, the man who trained Fleenor).

Jürgen Kuschnik is reliable, knowlegable and very easy to communicate with. He's done excellent work for me and countless others. He's in Germany.

His website and contact info are at:

http://www.jurgenkuschnik.com/

Best regards,
Thor

On 14 Sep, 2008, at 20:30, Grégoire Jacques Vandenschrick wrote:

Thanks Marc,

That's a long time, and I'm really happy to come back here. That's so warming to have that answer from you. I remember having asked silly things, and discussed quite a lot and had answers from you too.

A first question: Harry Fleenor, He's one of the best to send my rollei 2.8F to, right?

and a second one: What's the normal price for a perfect 2.8F Planar white face, cosmetically mint or very close to. I follow the Bay, but I would like to know if that's the place to buy from, or if I have a chance to see something like that here. I would like for once to own a perfect 2.8F, no dents, no scratch, no kitchen table mechanics on the front plate, practically untouched, that's the idea. I know I chase a dream, but maybe it's still possible?

All the very best to all.

Gregoire Vandenschrick

Welcome back!

You must post from the same address to which you are subscribed.

Best wishes,

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!