[rollei_list] Re: Rollieflex Camera Dating II

  • From: "Dave Hunter" <dhunter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 20:39:36 -0300

Hi there:

Just FYI, here are the serials from the parts camera:

Body 1250178
Viewing Lens: Heidosmat 1:2,8/75 ser. 617887
Taking Lens: Zeiss-Opton Tessar 1:3 f=75 ser. 753585

Numbers on the new one that is coming, I will have to give you when
it arrives. I do however know its body serial, 1226507

Thanks for the information and comments...

Dave

On 6 Oct 2007 at 16:16, Marc James Small wrote:

> At 03:51 PM 10/6/2007, Richard Knoppow wrote:
>
>  >     Lens serial number data for Zeiss lenses up to the
>  >division of the company after WW-2 are available but serial
>  >number data for later lenses is more difficult to find.
>
> There are two extensive and reliable listings of
> Postwar Zeiss lenses running up to the
> present.  The most accessible is the Thiel
> compilations from factory records.  Volume I
> covers Carl Zeiss Jena lenses from the beginnings
> to roughly 1922, Volume II runs CZJ from 1922 or
> so to the recovery of the company by the Zeiss
> Foundation in 1991, while Volume III covers all
> Zeiss-Opton and Opton and Carl Zeiss lenses
> manufactured at Oberkochen from its beginnings in
> 1948 to the present.  Somewhat less easy to
> access but even more reliable is the Zeiss Lens
> List maintained by Charlie Barringer.  This is
> less accessible as it is managed by a single
> individual and is more reliable as it is based on
> the actual numbers taken from lenses either in
> person by folks such as me and thee or from
> illustrations in books and literature such as
> camera catalogues and magazine articles -- one
> number was even scrounged from the opening
> credits of that rather unlikeable war movie of a
> few years back, U-571 (it is imaging the detail
> which can be brought out by freezing the frame on
> a DVD -- the lens in question was from a panning
> movie camera in the opening credits).
>
> You will note that I am always asking for Zeiss
> and Zeiss-related numbers.  I forward these to
> Charlie.  You will also note that I generally try
> to field routine queries on lens numbers either
> from Thiele or Prochnow or from my own records,
> to spare Charlie.  On occasion, when I have been
> unable to answer a query here or on the IDCC or
> Hasselblad List, I have asked Charlie for
> assistance and he has always been most forthcoming.
>
> Marc
>

> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

> - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in
> the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

> 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

The Island Register - P.E.I.'s Premiere Genealogy and History Site
http://www.islandregister.com

PEGenWeb - http://www.islandregister.com/pegenweb.html

The Prince Edward Island Surname List -
http://www.islandregister.com/surnames/

The Telephone on Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/phones.html

Don't have time to check the Island Register each day?
Subscribe to the Island Register Newsletter at:
http://www.islandregister.com/whatsnew.html