[rollei_list] Re: Rollieflex Camera Dating

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 08:24:30 -0300 (ART)

The Rolleiflex MX or 3.5A in Europe was made from June
1951 to March 1954, this camera production was
included in two serial numbers blocks: 1200000 to
1298999 and 1401000 to 1427999, I say "included"
because this camera model shares the same serial
numbers blocks with other Rollei TLR models, in fact
with the 2,8B and 2,8C, there are no repeated numbers
for each unit but you find these three models sharing
the serial numbers blocks mentioned above.
This camera received some changes along the
production.

There is no a preferred film for these cameras, the
choice is for the photographer according his
preferences and necessities within the different
avilable films for the format.

All the best
Carlos
--- Dave Hunter <dhunter@xxxxxxx> escribió:

> Hi All:
>
> What information can be had from the serial number
> of an old
> Rollieflex MX?
>
> I have looked up several sources on the net, and
> have been coming up
> with some conflicting results.
>
> The number on a camera bought yesterday is 1226507 -
> I believe it was
> made some time in the early 50's, but can anyone
> tell me whether it
> type 1 or type 2, and what is the difference between
> the two types.
>
> I also have a parts Rollie, s/n 1250178.
>
> Also, what types of b/w 120 film are most popular in
> these
> Rollieflexes, i.e. Ilford, Kodak TMAX, etc.
>
> Dave

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

      Seguí de cerca a la Selección Argentina de Rugby en el Mundial de Francia
2007.
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/mundialderugby