[rollei_list] Re: Rolliecord II screen

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:40:59 -0400

At 11:19 PM 6/7/2010, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>     I don't know where to get replacement mirror material,
>Edmund's used to have it but its now two companies and I
>can't keep track of which one stocks what.
>     Resilvering by Brashear's process does not appear to be
>too difficult but I've never tried it. There are articles
>about it for amateur telescope makers.

You do not replace the mirror. You resilver it (you can do that yourself if you wish at home: there are some nasty chemicals but nothing a bit of caution cannot render safe) or you can send it out to have it aluminized. Look to SKY & TELESCOPE to locate firms which alumnize. I would suspect it would cost around $10 plus postage to have a Rollei mirror coated.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!