[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiwerke

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:51:37 -0300

2011/5/25 Dirk-Roger Schmitt <Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> I just found this website  "Rolleiwerke".
>
> http://rolleiwerke.siteworks.dk/BILDERGALERIE
>
> It shows a couple of photos of the traditional area of Rollei.
>
> Target is that they are going to marked the real estate with this website.
>
> The website is   *.dk,  i.e, Denmark. Maybe an indication about the owner of
> the real estate.

It was a Danish group, Capitellum, that took over Rollei Fototechnic
in 2002, this group re-organized Rollei Fototechnic dividing it in
several separated companies, in fact dissolving the original company
this way and according the following chronology based on the company
official statements:
NOVEMBER 2002
In November 2002, the Danish investment company Capitellum,
headquartered in Copenhagen, took over Rollei Fototechnic.

SEPTEMBER 2004
Rollei Fototechnic creates the Rollei Produktion GmbH in September,
2004, as a separated company regarding Rollei Fototechnic GmbH

about OCTOBER 2005
"Rollei Fototechnic GmbH" changes its name for "Rollei GmbH" moving
their sales department and marketing department to Berlin. The company
name changes from " Rollei Fototechnic GmbH" into "Rollei GmbH"."The
change of the company name underlines the reconstruction of the
traditional photo manufacturer to an IT enterprise with adjustment on
multimedial products ", explained Dr. Oliver Fix(45), since spring,
2004 managing director of the Rollei GmbH, in Braunschweig. "The move
to Berlin with a rejuvenated guidance team will be concluded in
autumn, 2005. The industrial area "Rolleimetric" remains in the
location of Braunschweig". "The manufacturing as well as the
world-wide, exclusive sale of professional systems in the area of
Medium format and slide projection will transfer at the same time to
the Rollei Produktion GmbH created in September, 2004. It becomes in
future under the tradition name "Franke und Heidecke GmbH, precision
mechanics and optics".
The paragraphs above were taken from a Rollei GmbH official statement
at the time, in fact the Rollei Produktion GmbH was transferred to
"Franke&Heidecke GmbH" as independent company.

MARCH 2007
RCP - Technik GmbH & Co KG was founded in March 2007 marketing its
products under the brand Rollei (digital cameras, camcorders, digital
picture frame, slide film scanners and accessories).

OCTOBER 2008
Rollei GmbH sells as a separated company the RolleiMetric system
assets to Trimble.

MARCH 2009
"F&H GmbH" Braunschweig bankruptcy. Rollei Immobilien GmbH&Co. KG, a
company also coming from Rollei Fototechnic and Rollei GmbH  is still
the Rollei factory buildings owner, they rented them to F&H and other
companies. The factory survives as Rollei products manufacturer from
2010 thanks to a new company, DHW.

JANUARY 2010
Since January 2010 RCP-Technik GmbH & Co. KG has been the owner of the
Rollei brand.
The brand acquisition included the brand's worldwide trademark rights
and is a groundbreaking step for the company’s international
activities in the future.

about MAY 2011
Rollei Immobilien GmbH&Co. KG looking still under the Danish
investment group control that took over Rollei Fototechnic in 2002, is
trying to sell and/or to rent the original and historic F&H and
Rolleiwerke and Rollei Fototechnic buildings in Braunschweig/Brunswick

I think it's significant to clarify (up to I know) that DHW Rollei is
still renting part of the factory building and they are manufacturing
the Rollei products there, DHW has a strong distributor in Hong Kong
that is selling Hy6/6008 cameras, lenses and accesories, TLR FX, FT
and FW cameras and accesories, Rollei 35, Rollei Dual P66 projectors,
X act2 LF cameras and acceosries, Rollei electronic shutters etc., a
Rollei Hy6 is offered with an AFi II Leaf  80MP digital back, the
highest resolution in the regular market today (the digital back costs
about U$S 33,000, you need to add camera and lenses price):
http://livecoal.com.hk/shop/