[rollei_list] Re: Rolleisofts on Ebay

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 22:25:22 -0600

At 06:47 AM 12/18/2008, Roger Wiser wrote, in part:

Hi Pete, you must have a retirement complex, thinking every day stats the week end!

Wow, you are a big ebay seller ...1299! Now sellers can no longer give feedback?

Ebay has been down giving all kinds of incentives to buy or list. I understand they have laid off a number of people.

R.

Interesting- I was watching CNBC this morning and some expert listed the 5 best buys on the market today. He included the GAP, Best Buy, Kohls, one I can't remember, and eBay!

I think they are all losers and from what I keep hearing about eBay they are having trouble in several areas.

Since moving back to Oklahoma from California, we have found that some local energy stocks are doing fine. I think the retailers, best Buy is a good example, are going to have to fold. Circuit City did I think, and there are more to come.

When I had my computer systems house in San Diego, I quickly learned that computers and parts were strictly "commodity items", and we had to make our support from vertical product software, installation, and training. The retailers can only offer cost cuts.

DAW