[rollei_list] Re: Rolleisflex for Artists

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 04:24:43 -0400

An interesting thread.
I find myself often surprised at how may artists delegate the technical aspects
of their work. This is true of great photographers too who often have some one
else who does their darkroom work. However one of my favorite quotes is from
Lissette Moddel "they think my prints are bad? Darling, they should see my
negatives." Clearly, by her own admission she did not have a total technical
command of the process.
We like to think that better technique or more and better gear will make us
into better photographers, and so we work assiduously on getting both, but I
don't think that this is always true.

All the best
Laurence Cuffe