[rollei_list] Re: Rolleinar 3 poll

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 21:56:00 -0300

Mark:
           Richard Avedon always used a view camera, almost from the
beginning for his commercial-professional work and Rolleiflexes for
his personal-artistic work, about 1969/70 he felt  he was so
identified with the Rolleiflex that the subject was not a subject,
only someone within a camera that seemed to take its own decisions and
then he also started to use the view camera for his personal- artistic
work, to recover direct contact with the subject, he also used
Hasselblad and other cameras afterwards, but he never abandoned the
Rolleiflex, he no longer used it like before 1970, but he always used
it.
Richard Avedon also used a SLR camera beside  the Rollei TLR if he
needed a long Tele objective for some works.
My point is the Rolleiflex TLR was and is a valuable photographic tool
for several professional and famous artistic photographers around the
world in spite of Mr. Adams opinion quoted by Eric.

Carlos
PS: Slobodan Dimitrov has some excellent portraits with Rolleinars 1 and 2.-