[rollei_list] Re: Rolleinar 3

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:41:59 -0300

Hello Steve:
                   I only have experience using the Rolleinar 1 BI, I
use it pretty often considering it's an auxiliary lens. I received my
Rolleinar 3 B III some hours ago and I'll try to use it during the
week.
The Rolleinar 3 is designed to work 24 cm to 32 cm from the subject,
but f..e. according W.D. Emanuel if you use two Rolleinars 2 together
you can get 20 cm as closest focusing distance, BTW you need to focus
with the two Rolleinars in the viewing lens and afterward to put them
in the taking lens and to estimate the parallax or to use the film
plane GG first. You always can see the effect putting the different
combos in the viewing lens.
I think the advantage to use a Rolleinar 3 and not the combos is that
with one lens the risk about to affect the  main lens performance
diminishes or it is less affected, you also can use the Rolleipar to
compensate the parallax at least in part.

Carlos.-