[rollei_list] Re: Rolleimot

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:43:18 +0100

Elias,

I believe that this 'mechanism' was originally designed to test the
cameras in the factory. Previously the 'test to destruction' had been
carried out by an employee with sore fingers. 100,000(?)cycles was a lot
of repetitive strain injury. Hence some automatic way was devised and
then these were later manufactured and sold as an accessory.

I am sure Carlos will have more information.

John