[rollei_list] Re: Rolleimarin (was Funny Googles...)

  • From: "Douglas Shea" <dshea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:41:16 -0600

Sad to say I've only scanned a few of them, and they were with an older
scanner.  I should do something with them.  No one looks at slides much
these days so I should make some prints I suppose.

I think some of those in the gallery are from Cozumel, where the hurricane
is now headed.  Just by coincidence, most of my Cozumel shots were taken a
year after a prior hurricane.  The upper coral and many palm trees were
gone, especially on the mainland side of the channel.  I had access to a
Nikonos through the SD U/W Photo Society, and often dove with the Rollei
(flashbulbs and all) together with the Nikonos (also with a big string of
bulbs.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA

Don,

It would be great to dive with a club. I dove and photographed at the
Channel Islands which was very nice (sort of your neighborhood) and made a
couple trips to Cozumel, too. They were combined with trips to Chichen Itza
which was interesting; they have done some diving recently in the
sacrificial pools there - that would be interesting (or certainly
different). Back on topic here: I can only imagine what those beautiful
6x6's look like coming out of a Rolleimarin. I always keep my eye open for
an SL66 housing; they're out there and one will come around one of these
days.

Doug