[rollei_list] Re: Rolleimagic and filters

  • From: "Raid Amin" <ramin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:18:28 -0500

I gave away my Magic I at RFF.
I prefer using the 2.8D.

Raid

-----Original Message-----
From: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Wild
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:05 PM
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rolleimagic and filters

Bob, that seems to be the best way forward.

They're great cameras. The 'Magic 1 is auto only, so gives you no
control, although I found mine to be pretty 'sensible' with exposure.
The 'Magic II gives the photographer 'power over machine' and I find it
is a great 'grab and go' camera; you do not need any other kit for a
leisurely day out. If you take a 'serious' TLR, you end up with all
sorts of other bits and pieces which require a kit bag.........

With a 'Magic II you can be 'happy go lucky' but then you do have the
capability of taking a 'serious' photograph using an excellent camera
with a great lens.

John

John,

Alas, that's what I feared.   I shall pack it up and send it back to
Paul Ebel.

Bob