[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin and Panoramas

  • From: Jan Decher <jan.decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:13:29 -0700

Hi Guys (& Gals?),

A whole digest about a Rollei question. Thanks!!

After thinking about where the perforation runs on 35mm film, of course it
would have to be 56 x 24 mm panoramas created with a modified Rolleikin.

Richard: Yes,  I thought about "cropping the 120 neg",  but I think it
changes your composition at the picture-taking stage, if you view the world
through a panoramic (or panorama-cropped) finder. And I don't like wasting
120 film surface, and 35mm is cheap and looong for lots of panoramica shots
per roll.

Probably getting a Mamiya 7, where the film runs horizontal (and a
panoramic 35mm adapter is already available), would be a more sensible
solution.  However, my B22 enlarger and Rollei P11 Projector can't handle 6
x 7.  Then there is the Fuji-Hasselblad Leica look-alike 35mm Panorama
camera....

Perhaps my Super Ikonta B 533/16 could be modified with a 35mm panoramic
back.  Did Zeiss ever make such a thing (Marc?)?

Dare I ask, what is an "NFW"?

;-) Jan
-----
".....You probably don't believe it but I actually know that the greatest
width you can get with 35mm perforated stock is 24mm.  I never said
one could produce a 36X56mm image on 35mm stock.
I noticed the original author had made that statement, clearly in
error, but had the courtesy to not address that issue.
Why do you attribute that to me, and correct me using "NFW", not once
but twice? ... Don
-----