[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin and Panoramas

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 22:02:03 -0700

At 09:44 AM 6/1/2006 -0700, you wrote:

Don

There is NFW that a Rolleikin could produce a 36x56mm
negative on 35mm film!!   One could modify a Rolleikin to
produce 24x56mm negatives. The same with the 35mm
film back for my Hasselblad.

Jerry

Jerry,

You probably don't believe it but I actually know that the greatest width you can get with 35mm perforated stock is 24mm. I never said one could produce a 36X56mm image on 35mm stock.

I noticed the original author had made that statement, clearly in error, but had the courtesy to not address that issue.

Why do you attribute that to me, and correct me using "NFW", not once but twice?

Was it an attempt to show that I was stupid that you posted that twice or did you simply forget that you had already made that posting?

Did you perchance miss a prior posting by me, which said precisely:

"I sold my camera that had a Rolleikin a long time ago (a 2.8C), but I believe it produced 24X36 mm images instead of 56X36 mm images mentioned above. Are later models different?"

Also, it may surprise you to know that I also have some 35mm cameras and they have all produced 24X36mm images, with the exception of the Robot and some half-frame machines. If you want to address my postings with vulgarities, please do it off list, you know my email address and my home address.

Thanks,

Don