[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin and Panoramas

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:12:53 EDT

It seems obvious to me that maximum width of typical 35mm image is 24mm so
that's a given.  I don't see why one couldn't shoot a single panorama using a
custom rolleikin "gate" and then advance several frames using the rolleikin
counter and a lens cap and then try for another shot if so inclined.  Holding
that
TLR sideways for a scenic panorama seems the harder part to me.
I've been known to load single loose sheets of 4X5 film into my old Polaroid
Pathfinder and make photograms and do things just for the fun of it.
I just machined a reducing sleeve to shoot 20ga shells in my 12ga shotgun and
it works great. Could have bought a commercial one but what would be the fun
in doing that?  Got to measure, turn and bore AND spend some quality time
getting reacquainted with my old Rivett lathe again.
Lance

In a message dated 6/1/2006 1:49:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Don
Still, NFW that you could get 36x56mm from a 35 mm
film stock.
Jerry
Don Williams wrote:
At 03:13 PM 6/1/2006 +0000, you wrote:
No Don, the 35mm Rolleikin format is 24x36mm, Jan
talked about a modified Rolleikin to obtain a 56x36mm
frame.-
All the best
Carlos

Yes, I caught the word "modified" on a second read.
Don Williams
La Jolla, CA