[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin Use

  • From: eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei list <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:49:40 +0000 (UTC)

Everything Carlos said goes for me. I use mine several times a year: if I had
to guess I'd say 6. It is absolutely fun - a mechanical wonder like the rest of
the system.  In fact I use the adapter for my Yashica 635 as well. My Canon FD
100mm 2.8 lens is quite sharp, but the images I get with the 80mm Planar are
better, and that says nothing for the TLR experience - which we all know well.
I roll my own 35mm film, so if I'm up for a test, either technical or
compositional, I'll roll enough for 12 shots with the Rollei. I really believe
it's one of the best ways to get the most of the 24x36 format - not as
convenient as a Leica RF (which I don't have or ever will), but you know your
lens and the clockworks are every bit as good, maybe better.

In the past I've shot cheap color film with it, and had processed at a local
"super" store. More fun than most things that can be had for under $10. I don't
do that so much anymore - the novelty has wore off, but I may just run roll of
slide film through it this holiday season.

Elias