[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin Screws

  • From: "Dave Hunter" <dhunter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:10:29 -0300

Hi Lance:

On 9 Oct 2007 at 21:32, Choiliefan@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Remove one screw from the knob you will be replacing with the
> rolleikin counter.  You can roll the treaded portion lightly on paper
> or soft material like modeling clay and have an imprint to compare
> with a scale under a magnifier. Compare this with screws you've
> scrounged from junk camera bodies or an understanding area camera
> tech. IIRC the screws are approx thrice the length of the originals.
> Perhaps I'm missing something here? Good luck! Lance

In my understanding, there were only two types of screw for the
Rolliekin counter - a fine thread for later cameras, and a coarser
thread for earlier. Both were the same diameter shoulder screw to fit
the knob. So, since I have determined the screws are a fine thread as
opposed to coarse, that should be sufficient to identify which type
of screws needed, isn't it?

So, now all I have to do is find three rolliekin counter fine thread
screws, and I should be all set..

Thanks,

Dave