[rollei_list] Re: ...Rolleikin

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 00:28:55 -0300

And to give even more precision for the auxilliary mirror
introduction, it's necessary to distinguish between the Original
Rolleiflex models and the Standard models. The original or first
Rolleiflex and variants, as I wrote, had an auxilliary 45 º mirror to
reflect the ground glass image at eye level similar regarding later
models (PR 051 page 172 Report 1 and cameras description). Rolleiflex
Standard models had a different auxilliary mirror, it was a little
mirror at the middle of the Sportsfinder that worked in conjunction
with the photographer eye, it did not reflect the ground glass like
the previous models auxilliary mirrors. The new Rolleicord camera in
1933 with the new viewfinder hood design re-introduced the 45º
auxilliary mirror that reflected the ground glass image like the
Original models and marking a difference regarding the Rolleiflex
Standard manufactured simultaneously. The Automat adopted the 1933
'cord viewfinder hood in 1937.
The pre-war Rolleicords kept the auxilliary mirror, the post-war
models from III lost it, it was kept for the 'flex models only.

Carlos