[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:55:32 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 2:26 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin?

Richard,

Isn't there a mask that fits under the groundglass and sits on the little projections in the middle of the moving parallax masks? It then moves with the parrallax masks, providing parallax correction with the Rolleikin.

Bob

Three masks. One mask fits on top of the ground glass. One mask snaps onto the front of the hood to mask the sports finder. One mask, with rubber band surround, fits into the sun shade.

I think what you are describing is another version of the Rolleikin for cameras with removable hoods. What I described is the kit for Rolleis with non-removable hoods. When you use the finder mask on these there is no longer any parallax compensation. The mask is smaller then the film frame in the vertical direction to insure that anything visible in the finder will be on the film.
I am not sure how many variations of the Rolleikin there are 4 or 5, maybe more, counting the ones with replacement backs. One variation, which may not be obvious, is the screw thread on the little extension for the lower knob. There must be at least three variations of these.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx