[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin?

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:33:51 -0500

Eric,

It is ABSOLUTELY necessarily so!  Ya gotta have the referenced
knob in the kit or originally on the camera like the 2.8C. There is
NFW that 35mm film can be used without it!

BTW, my cousin Hy designed and marketed a conversion kit to
use Bantam 828 film in the Rollei.  Called it the Adapto-Back.  Do
any of you recall seeing that kit?

Jerry

Jerry, you missed the point. Some Rollei models came from the factory with the indexing counter knob as standard equipment. The Rolleikin kits for these cameras did not include the counter knob because the cameras did not have to be modified.
For models that did not come with the indexing knob you are absolutely right that the Rollikin is useless without it. Kits with the indexing knob are substantially more expensive than those without because they are much rarer. Such a kit should also include the mounting screws because they are longer than the originals.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Clearly and succinctly put. Thanks, Richard.

Jerry, have not come across the Adapto-Back. Bantum was 8 exposures of 28x40mm I think... it's not obvious what the advantage would be shooting this versus, say, the T's superslide/645 kit...?

Eric Goldstein

--- Rollei List