[rollei_list] Re: Rolleigrid

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 23:10:54 -0300

Evan:
           I think you are not reading my posts and you did not look at my
samples, I said that the item    271701375806 is not a Rolleigrid, I wrote
" There is a significant difference between the item you mentioned in eBay
and my Rolleigrid..." I agreed with you from the beginning.  I wrote about
items  121517421514 and 281536069360, I did not mention the item  271701375806
initially, you mentioned it; it has nothing to do with the items I referred
as samples, the differences are evident. I bought my Rolleigrid from a
local seller, he has nothing to do with eBay, Singapore or the like. The
Rollei focusing screen for the cameras with removable viewfinder hood is
not a Fresnel lens only, it also has a special treatment to combine Ground
Glass and Fresnel lens features in the same focusing screen. In the other
hand, the Rolleigrid is a Fresnel lens only, it works like a standard
E2-3,T, F focusing screen in conjunction with the GG in fixed viewfinder
hood cameras, you need two screens to obtain the same results regarding the
standard Rollei  focusing screen for cameras with removable focusing
screens and viewfinder hoods. I agree with you the item you mentioned could
be a standard screen for cameras made from 1958 with removable screen and
hood, it is not a Rolleigrid of course.-