[rollei_list] Rolleiflex image for C&C

  • From: Diego Sevilla Ruiz <dsevilla@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:25:10 +0200

Dear all:

        I've been following the group for some time, sending some
answers/questions, and now I would like you to comment on this one I got
with a Rolleiflex 2.8E (Xenotar):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsevilla/2736914534/

(You can see it bigger if you push the "loupe" above the image.

        Also, I have two questions regarding the Xenotar. I haven't had
enough time to test it roughfully, but it seems to me that this copy of
the Xenotar 2.8 is a little bit soft. I've seen the MTF curves and
resolution data for this lens, and it seems that a f/2.8 is a little bit
soft, but it gets much better at f/4. It would be nice if you could look
at the image in a bigger resolution and tell me if what you see is
normal with a Xenotar wide open. (I scanned it using an Epson 4990
photo).

        Also, the image was a little bit overexposed, so I edited the
levels to darken it. I got that strong fall-off on corners. Again, is
that normal on the Xenotar wide open?

        I'm sorry I don't have many more samples to check, but currently
my time is very limited.

        Regards and thanks in advance,
        diego.

--
Diego Sevilla Ruiz -- http://ditec.um.es/~dsevilla/ -- dsevilla@xxxxx _.___
Dep. Ingeniería y Tecnología de Computadores, Facultad de Informática D|TEC