[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex for sale

  • From: "dbmills" <dbmills@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:33:48 -0500

Hi Harry.

You might recall that, 5-6 years ago, you overhauled a non-metered 3.5F for me.
 It's still working beautifully except for 1/500 having somehow lost the
booster spring.

Not that this is any problem.  I haven't had a need to use 1/500 and probably
never will.  It recently won me a few competition awards and that's good enough
for me.

But, I'm not writing about that camera.  Some years ago I gave my daughter a
rather nice MX when she was taking a photography class.  She used it for
awhile, then put it away, and now she's thinking about using it again.  That
one always did react poorly to lack of use and I suspect that I should spring
for an overhaul before she starts using it again.  Back in the dark ages I
bought that one out of an estate down in Florida and it looked as though it
hadn't been used in years.  As I recall, it also appeared to have been
purchased in Germany, although I can't remember why I thought that without
looking at it.  I haven't seen it for years.

What are you currently charging for the overhaul of an Automat MX?  She would
probably not need much more than a standard overhaul.  I could probably tell
you more about it when she gets it in her hands.  She recently moved and it's
now in the process of being sent to her.

I hope that all is going well with you.

Don Mills
Cynthiana, Kentucky