[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex and NASA

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 08:02:20 -0400

At 05:22 AM 4/7/2010, Laurence Cuffe wrote:

>Apart from the good natured ribbing, which I hope you will take in the
>sense in which it is meant, I agree with you that there is a lot to be
>said for private space ventures, and I think we are beginning to move
>into some interesting times in that area.
>Where I think NASA has done some interesting work is in the unmanned
>interplanetary probes, some of which have returned stunning imagery.

I am not in the least upset, my friend. I am still unsettled about the change of the universe with the death of Charles M Barringer. That made the earth rock.

NASA's government charter is to do ONLY manned missions and such unmanned missions as are necessary to support these manned missions. I have been a member of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada since 1964, and these guys have been purple in the face with their demands for MORE unmanned missions and to END the manned missions. They get REALLY nasty when I suggest that they move south of the border and start lobbying their congressmen to do what they wish. The Canadian scientific community just wants to take control ....

Damn. Where is Red Green when you need him? Can't Possum Lodge take care of the RASC Threat to international amity?

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!