[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 'Tropical'

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:53:30 -0300

Interesting John, anyway the seller uses the general definition for a
Tropical camera as several times mentioned here, those cameras have a
visible difference with no Tropical cameras, it is not the case for
Rolleiflex and Rolleicord cameras labeled "Tropical", they look
identical regarding the regular models. I have seen similars
Rolleiflexes and Rolleicords in mint condition and they were not
labeled "Tropical", in fact the Rolleicord "Tropical" shown in Flickr
does not look so good and Todd did not find a visible difference for
his Rolleicord "Tropical".
The camera in the auction site shows the same focusing plate regarding
the Report 1 except for the word "Tropical", this Automat II looks
good really, the serial number belongs to the Rolleiflex Automat II
regular production.

Carlos