[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex TLR Viewing Lenses and Nomenclature

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:46:35 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: <siufai@xxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:24 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex TLR Viewing Lenses and
Nomenclature

>> I am not sure if the focus is
>> changed by moving only the front element or the whole
>> front
>> cell.
>
> It's more than two years ago that I have worked on my
> Magic, but if I remmember
> correctly it is the front element. There is another
> element in the part that
> screws into the shutter.
>
> Siu Fai

    I think the above quote was mine refering to the Kodak
Reflex camera. The Rollei Magic uses a Tessar type lens
where focus is, indeed, changed by moving the front element.
The Kodak Reflex uses a lens somewhat similar to the old
Zeiss Unar and I don't know how much of it moves for
focusing.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA