[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex TLR Pictures...

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 16:01:42 -0800

    Yep me too. I forgot what Kodak called these tanks but they didn't have spools, one just wound the film up in the corrugated plastic. Kodak made some odd and interesting gear. Some junk but most worked and was cheap.
    Most kinds of adhesive tapes will do this, Triboelectric effect. Some brighter than others but even plain Scotch tape does it. Never heard of it fogging anything.
    I did try color at home. Ansco Color or maybe it was Anscochrome. Reversal film. Came out fairly well but was too expensive to use routinely.

On 12/21/2017 1:51 PM, Don Williams wrote:

At 03:17 PM 12/21/2017, you wrote:

   The lids were also custom. If you get a box of miscelaneous parts you can often mix and match to find lids and cap that won't leak. Probably a good machinist would know how to stretch/shrink the parts so they fit.

My lid still fits, just no cap.  I remember that I learned to load two rolls of 120 (Back to back, no scratches) and it always worked fine.

I think in the Microdol days, never tried color at home.

I once had some sort of Kodak plastic tank that included a "roll" of plastic with fluted edges, intended to simply touch the edges of the film.  Serious junk!

How many folks remember the flash of light caused by removing some sort of paper from film, in the dark?  I forgot the details but remember the flash.

DAW~

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx