[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex T with Planar?

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 23:18:05 +0100

The Rolleiflex 3.5B had a Tessar and was Bay 1; The Rolleiflex 3.5C had a
Planar and was Bay 2 but the outer Bayonets on this all but touched each other
and the knurled wheels too, making changing EV difficult. After that F&H
increased the lens spacing to compensate for the larger Bay 2 mounts. There are
two Mutars for the 3.5 cameras for that reason. Off hand I cannot remember if
it is about 1mm or 2mm difference.

If the Planar has to be Bay 2, possibly because of front element diameter, then
the whole front of the 'T' would have to be rebuilt around a 3.5 Bay 2 front
plate. What the lens spacing is on a 'T' I do not know; however, this camera
has a 'T' front plate which looks unmodified.

John