[rollei_list] Rolleiflex T lightmeter

  • From: "Niels H. S. Nielsen" <nhsn@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:20:07 +0200

Dear rollei list members,

I have recently purchased a very nice Rolleiflex T with a Xenar - one of the
later T models I understand.
Here's a photo:
http://www.forloren.dk/weblog/uploaded_images/DSC03276-756195.JPG

The meter seems to be alive, and although I plan to use the camera with a
handheld meter, I would like to know if the build in could be of some use in
an emergency. I am not unfamiliar with the concept of EV, but I do not
understand this meter and would appreciate a link to a user guide, or a
brief explanation.

I am having truble with the ISO setting on the meter dial. I would expect
the ISO setting to be independently set, but it seems to be turning together
with the EV dial? Am I missing something fundamental, or is the meter
defective?

Another question: The camera has hardly been used but the leatherette on the
right and left side of the lenses seems sligthly different. Is there any
chance that it cold have come like this from the factory?

Thanks for your help,

kr
Niels