[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex T Xenar white face

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 21:41:59 -0700

I think perhaps you mean Xenotar on the Rollei F. The main difference between it and the Tessar or Xenar is the performance near wide open. The Tessar or Xenar needs to be stopped down to about f/8 to eliminate the residual zonal spherical aberration typical of the design. The Xenotar or Planar will be free of this until nearly wide open. The differences will show up in the margins and corners, the center of the image may be essentially the same for both.

On 7/22/2018 9:20 PM, william schillereff wrote:

I have a 1960 T and a 3.5 Tesser  Rolleiflex F. I really can fond zero difference. Both are delivering both contrast and sharpness. Love to use the T

On Jul 22, 2018, at 6:26 AM, CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at