[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex T

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:07:27 -0300

2011/11/21 Emmanuel Bigler <Emmanuel.Bigler@xxxxxxxx>:

> Other rare Rolleiflex TLR models are the classic Wide (about 4000) and
> the 2,8E3 (about 2000)
>
> Sorry for Rolleiflex "T-Xenar-white-face" owners who wish to sell one,
> if this model does not command prices as high as the classic
> Rolleiwide ;-) ; conversely, this is good news for potential buyers of
> a Rolleiflex "T-Xenar" ;-)

The rarest regular production Rolleiflex TLR is the Rolleiflex 2.8B
with the CZ Jena Biometar 2.8/80, only 1250 units were manufactured
from February 1952 to March 1953, CZ Jena had  problems to deliver the
number of lenses F&H needed for the model and the contract was
cancelled, Todd Belcher disassembled or overhauled a 2.8B Biometar
lens and wrote it looked identical or very close to the Xenotar
2.8/80, it was the 2.8C with the Xenotar 2.8/80 that replaced the 2.8B
production.
Carlos

PS: While the 2.8F Aurum was made with Xenotar lenses Rollei had in
stock, the 1983/84 2.8F Platin was made with new Planar 2.8/80 lenses
made by Carl Zeiss with T* multicoating labeled "HFT", CZ needed new
tooling and to train people to manufacture again the Rollei TLR
Planar, it was one of the reasons this 2.8F was so expensive; this
Planar was the basis for the GX/FX multicoated Planars, I forgot to
add it in my previous post.-