[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex SL66 with Kodak Portra 400

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:47:15 -0300

I was comparing the bad negs before the SL66 CLA with this first roll
after the CLA and discovered or recalled a little big detail, the
bands in the older negs are _horizontal_ and the bands in the recent
color neg are _vertical_, it means the bands in the older negs were
caused by the shutter, it has a _horizontal_ run, but the current
_vertical_ bands couldn't be caused by the shutter; I examined the
recent color neg with a loupe and could see the vertical  bands have a
continuity between the affected frames through the space between
frames, if the shutter was the cause, these bands would be cut between
the frames, but they do have continuity. I suspect there was some
operation error in the lab; I'll check now the focal plane shutter
working with a B&W film developed by me, I'm almost sure the shutter
is working fine.