[rollei_list] Re: ... Rolleiflex SL66, now with Kodak TMax 400

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 09:44:08 -0300

These old 35mm rangefinder cameras, one from 1937 and other from 1955,
are very pleasant to use. The Contax II was adjusted a few years ago
by Eddy Smolov in New York City, one of his last works, he is retired
now; the Diax Voss IIa from 1955 rangefinder was adjusted last year in
Buenos Aires city.  I'm really happy with the SL66 after to wait 14
months for it, I can now say it is working very well. I used the lens
tilting function  to incline the plane of focus for this photograph
(Scheimpflug principle), it's the best way to gain DOF for these
close-ups (better seen the largest size):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/14929633600/