[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex SL 66 repaired

  • From: "Evan Dong" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ejdong@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 05:59:56 -0700

Good Morning Carlos,

I find the optics used in the Rollei products, being either for 35 P&S, 35
Rangefinder, 35 SLR, MF TLR, and Medium format SLR, has met and exceed most
everyone's expectation of its superb performance.

Based on what I saw in your list of 35 SLR optics, do you any preferences
toward which optics? Meaning the West Germany manufacture and the Singapore HFT
manufacture?
One of my friend used the Rolleiflex SL35M along another SL35E, but with
majority of the newer Singapore HFT lenses. I still have several of his prints
shot form those lenses and the color are truly eye popping...  Majority of them
were all C41 film that was printed on a calibrated NORITSU printer. He insisted
on have a calibrated printer before submitting his work to be printed. Always
asked for the target balancing test result before giving his order.

Some of his best work was done at sunset where he took advantage of the natural
lighting with balancing filters and of course a good flash...

Because of the reliability issue of the camera bodies as you mentioned, I
ventured into the Contax Yashica offering of Zeiss optics. Majority of my
optics are the Japanese optics with MM designation. On occasion, I use some of
my finer M42 optics on it with the M42 adapter.

Evan

On Saturday, June 28, 2014 7:42 AM, CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don:
        Your comment about the Rollei 35 is very interesting really,
however we were talking about the 35mm Rolleiflex _reflex_ cameras,
SLR.